Russian to Siberia

Sunday, May 14, 2006

Tour of Moscow

This morning after having an incredible breakfast, just about anything you could want at the buffet including vegetables and salads, we went for a long walk by the Moscow River. At 11:00 we met our tour guide, Slava, and another couple who are also going to Novosibirsk. We took the bus to a beautiful Cathedral and saw many icons that were saved and hidden during Stalin's reign and war against the church. After that we walked to Red Square stopping at many different sites that our tour guide recommended. He was quite bubbly and full of information and history. I felt very small walking in places that were over 500 years old and had seen so much history. St. Basils was amazing, both inside and out. The statues of the four horses and the water fountains shooting up was one of my favorites. I am exhausted now and my brain is turning to mush, so I will have to write more about Moscow another time. John and I were so tired that we ordered room services for dinner. We leave tomorrow at 8:30am. On to the next step in our adventure and one day closer to meeting the girls. Goodnight all!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home