Russian to Siberia

Sunday, June 18, 2006

First Father's Day

It was 5:30 am on John's first Father's Day. I wake up and he is staring at me. I tell him happy Father's Day, what are you doing awake? He says do I get anything? Of course, I go and get his gift that I have been hiding in the girls room. He sees it reads the card and then promptly goes back to sleep. At a more reasonable time we both wake up and then he opens his gift. I gave him The Daddy Book written by Todd Parr. A very fun picture book that we enjoyed reading together. He was so excited and surprised that he got something for Father's Day. We are both so excited to become parents and we are anxious to get back to our children. It can't happen too soon!

I was very surprised to be getting a gift and this one is very special. Isabel has quite the collection of children's books that I look forward to reading. JF

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home