Russian to Siberia

Thursday, July 06, 2006

Children's Showers

I work with some amazing people in the Ferndale School District. My colleague and good friend Jan Lindsay helped to put on two showers for us. The first one was our intimate group of SCRUBS: Special Ed. Teachers. We typically meet every other month to discuss issues that directly effect our work. Our last meeting is always a light hearted party to celebrate all the hard work we have done all year. Well, they totally surprised me and put on a children's shower for me. Wow! The fun things you get for little girls and in this group, I must say everything was educational except for the very cute hand knitted sweaters I got from Cindy. Thanks SCRUBS friends, it was great fun and so much neat stuff for the girls.

Mt. View staff and friends gave us a beautiful International children's shower. They had pictures up of children from all over the world. A table set up with Russian dolls, china, and other items from Russia. The food was international with items from Russia, Mexico, and China. Our cake had a picture of the earth in the center with two little girls with big bows in their hair on either side. Jen W. gave us The Mommy Book and The Family Book by Todd Parr. Apparently Todd Parr has a whole series relating to families and the things kids think about. This is where I got my idea for John's Father's Day gift. We also were gifted two car seats for the girls. What a blessing and how lucky we are to have such good, caring friends. The girls' closet is now full of little summer dresses, shorts and tops, and sandals. They have many barrettes and ribbons to put in their hair, but no big bows. We are so blessed to live and work in a community where people are so supportive of us adopting children. Thanks to all for the beautiful gifts. Our girls will be well dressed.

1 Comments:

  • Yeah for showers! I'm glad you started posting again. Can't wait to hear about your court date (soon! soon!)

    Oh, who am I? Another WWU employee waiting for court date.

    Best,

    Suzanne

    By Blogger Suzanne, at 10:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home