Tonsilectomy
It all started with the tubes in the ears and I wondered how long it would take before the tonsils were next. Galina's speech therapist brought me into the room one day and said look at this, look at how large her tonsils are. She had that medical light that is used to look in your mouth. I looked and said yaaa, I've been wondering when they would be trouble. The SLP said that Galina could not make the sounds she was asking her to make because those large tonsils were in the way.
On August 13th she had her tonsils and adnoids taken out. It has been a difficult week of little sleep and a lot of crying from a very grumpy girl. Acctually, she has been a trooper because she always takes her medicine, even though she hates it. And she is trying her best to do what we ask to help her feel better, ie: drink your juice! She did get a fevor for two days and it went up to 102 degrees. I will be glad when she is feeling much better. Right now she is eating and drinking well, and last night she slept through the whole night with out crying or waking up! Wow, I really needed that!
On August 13th she had her tonsils and adnoids taken out. It has been a difficult week of little sleep and a lot of crying from a very grumpy girl. Acctually, she has been a trooper because she always takes her medicine, even though she hates it. And she is trying her best to do what we ask to help her feel better, ie: drink your juice! She did get a fevor for two days and it went up to 102 degrees. I will be glad when she is feeling much better. Right now she is eating and drinking well, and last night she slept through the whole night with out crying or waking up! Wow, I really needed that!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home