Pumpkin Carving Party
I think we are settling in quite well as a family. We have been home 10 ten weeks with the girls and this past Saturday we put on a heck of a kids pumpkin carving party. Everyone marveled how well Galina and Valerie enjoyed themselves and fit right in with all the children and adults over. We had about 20 adults and 10 children! It was great fun! I set up the garage with two sensory tables; one with corn and one with cornstarch and water mixture. We had a table for painting small pumpkins and a table for play with Gak or Flubber. We had another room set up with pin the eyes on the Jack-O-lantern, decorate a Halloween bag, and paint a pumpkin ornament. Up stairs in the livingroom we had pumpkin carving and eating going on. I cover our livingroom floor with a huge tarp and I cover the furniture with painters cloths. The place looked really different, but the girls did not seem to mind one bit. Galina did help Papa set the livingroom up, so she took part in the make-over.
We got to have some of our neighbors over who have children about the same ages as Galina and Valerie. It was so fun to see all these little toddlers just getting into the activities we had for them. It was even more fun watching the parents get into it with their children. It was so much fun for the girls, I think we will just keep it up as our yearly festivity. Happy Autumn Everyone!
We got to have some of our neighbors over who have children about the same ages as Galina and Valerie. It was so fun to see all these little toddlers just getting into the activities we had for them. It was even more fun watching the parents get into it with their children. It was so much fun for the girls, I think we will just keep it up as our yearly festivity. Happy Autumn Everyone!

4 Comments:
Wow! What a great party! That sounds like a lot of fun... we will have to do something like that next year too. Glad the girls liked it!
By
sandy, at 12:36 AM
What a fun time!
By
Melissa, at 12:24 PM
We had a great time! Thanks so much for inviting us. Kaylee had so much fun painting and decorating and playing with all of the kids. Kia loved being able to interact with your girls and helping Galina do different projects. I had a great time decorating the little pumpkins with the glue with Galina. What a great time! Thanks for opening your home!
By
Anonymous, at 4:19 PM
So silly Is, I planned to be there and when I came in from the garden to check the address I noticed for the first time that it was no longer an evening affair! Silly me, I missed it. Can't wait to see you back at work. Lori Jo
By
Lori Jo, at 7:50 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home