Russian to Siberia

Friday, July 21, 2006

Set Backs!

We got the very disappointing news yesterday that our court date had to be cancelled. Apparently the paper work for one of our daughters was either inaccurate or incomplete and has to be sent back to Moscow to be processed by the Ministry of Education again. Our agency has told us that we are the highest priority and that they will try to rush this along and reschedule a court date as soon as possible. Now we will very likely get the judge who is usually willing to waive the ten days stay in country. It is difficult to see that the glass is half-full right now, but it really is, and we should have the girls home by the end of August. We now have some time for a couple more home projects and get ready to go. We were so close to getting our tickets. Unable to reach us, WACAP had to call our travel agent and ask them to stop the purchase. Now we wait for the paper work to be processed again and a new court date to be scheduled. Stay tuned. Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers.

3 Comments:

  • I am so glad you sent me the link for this! Now the girls and I can keep up with what's going on with our "favorite teacher". We love you and know that you will have your girls home soon. You are going to be a GREAT mom, I should know since you've been kind of another parent for my kid for so many years and even tho I don't know John as well as I know you, I know he will be a great daddy. He ate soggy fishy crackers off the floor! That's just about super-hero status in my book. :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:52 PM  

  • Hang in there. We thought we had two different court dates before we got 8/11. Just keep busy and the time will go by so fast! Give us a call if you need to talk. Our # is 507-249-3715. Blessings!
    Stacy and Doug

    By Blogger Daub Adoption, at 2:54 AM  

  • Hello,

    So sorry to hear about your disappointment. We had our Trip One cancelled twice and didn't get to reschedule for nine months, so my heart goes out to you as you do the Go-go-go-ScreechToAStop dance. I learned to think about the first two "go's" as rehearsals. On the next scheduling, you'll be all primed and ready to launch. May it come quickly,

    Best,

    Suzanne

    By Blogger Suzanne, at 6:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home