Huge Breakthroughs With Valentina
Our second day visiting the girls gives us yet more gains in attachment. Galina is so easy right now. She wants to be with us. She runs and gives me hugs as soon as she sees us. She played well with John and watched me interact with Valentina. She cried when it was time to go. We feel like she is ready to go home with us without too much of a fuss.
On the other hand, Valentina cries as soon as she sees us. Today it took less time to comfort her and dry up those tears. For the first part of the visit she just wanted me to hold her, rock her, and talk to her. When I tried to put her down and get her involved with John and Galina, she would just start crying again until I picked her up. I certainly didn't mind holding her, rocking her, and swinging her around. The latter always gets smiles and giggles out of her. At 10:30 am we stopped our playing for a snack break. We had Galina help clean up the toys with papa, and mama got out the yogurt and spoons. They were both excited because they love the yogurt that I am bringing. It is Dannon's European version. Very rich. I fed Valentina; Galina does great on her own. After our snack break we played some more. Now Valentina had not cried in an hour and I was playing with her at the table. I moved away and she stood up and started walking towards me! This is the first time we have seen her walk. Up until this time she has been spaghetti girl, just floppy, not even wanting to stand. I was worried. Now she was having fun walking to me and then falling into my arms and snuggling in tight. Then she would back up and do it again. We walked around the whole room this way and then she let me hold her hands while she walked down the hallway and back into the play room. She is finally comfortable enough with me to show me she can walk! Each day our attachment to the girls and them to us grows so strong! It just keeps getting better.
On the other hand, Valentina cries as soon as she sees us. Today it took less time to comfort her and dry up those tears. For the first part of the visit she just wanted me to hold her, rock her, and talk to her. When I tried to put her down and get her involved with John and Galina, she would just start crying again until I picked her up. I certainly didn't mind holding her, rocking her, and swinging her around. The latter always gets smiles and giggles out of her. At 10:30 am we stopped our playing for a snack break. We had Galina help clean up the toys with papa, and mama got out the yogurt and spoons. They were both excited because they love the yogurt that I am bringing. It is Dannon's European version. Very rich. I fed Valentina; Galina does great on her own. After our snack break we played some more. Now Valentina had not cried in an hour and I was playing with her at the table. I moved away and she stood up and started walking towards me! This is the first time we have seen her walk. Up until this time she has been spaghetti girl, just floppy, not even wanting to stand. I was worried. Now she was having fun walking to me and then falling into my arms and snuggling in tight. Then she would back up and do it again. We walked around the whole room this way and then she let me hold her hands while she walked down the hallway and back into the play room. She is finally comfortable enough with me to show me she can walk! Each day our attachment to the girls and them to us grows so strong! It just keeps getting better.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home