Russian to Siberia

Sunday, August 06, 2006

On Our Way!

It is Sunday, August 6th and we will be driving down to Liz's B&B for the night. The airport shuttle should pick us up at 5:00 am on Aug. 7th and we fly out at 8:00 am. We fly 5.5 hours to JFK, NY. and then switch planes and fly 10.0 hours to Moscow. We should arrive in Moscow on August 8th at 11:15 am. We get to stay a night at the Ukrainia Hotel and then fly out to Novosibirsk the following morning, arriving around 5:30 pm. We will be staying at the Sibir Hotel in Novo. We will have our visit with the girls on August 10th. We are so excited and can't believe it is finally happening. Stay tuned for more up-dates. Love to all!

3 Comments:

  • We are booked at a hotel called the Ukraine for the Moscow part of our trip. I wonder if it is the same one!

    Staying closely tuned for updates.

    By Blogger Suzanne, at 10:07 PM  

  • I recently thought about all the things you are doing to ease the girls transition. Things I would never thing about!
    One very imjportant thing, maybe most important is the language.

    If you do happen to hang there longer than expected and even if not - I would encourage you to pick up as much basic Russian as you can.
    I think every new word you will learn will worth its weight in gold in the next couple of months.

    Easy traveling
    ... from Fortaleza, Brazil (at the conference).

    Stella

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:21 AM  

  • We're thinking of you! I told Kia about your trip and she's excited to keep up on here with what you're doing. Here's to afe travels and quality time with your girls!!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home