Russian to Siberia

Thursday, August 03, 2006

Remember Space Mountain?

I believe it is Space Mountain which is the roller coaster ride in the dark. Well, I guess we got free tickets.

The latest information that we have is that the judicial process is moving ahead under the assumption that our court date will still be August 14th. This is good news, yet we are told to be cautious about expecting that date. The court date assumes a timely correction in the "data entry error" concerning Galina's entry in the regional (as well as national) database. As we understand it, changes that occur between these two database do not happen quickly. They employ a technology that we know as "sneaker net" which is to say that the updates are hand carried across the 2,000 mile distance. So, while our court date could be August 14th, it may reasonably occur as late as August 25th. It is in this uncertainty that we are planning to keep our original departure date of Monday, August 7th. Best case scenario, we are home by August 19th. A more likely scenario is that we come home around August 26th.

4 Comments:

  • I can only imagine what it must be like to face the Bureaucracy you have and will face. I get impatient writing a check at Target.

    By Blogger Dr. Jones, at 6:58 PM  

  • MGJ is Marshall, btw.

    By Blogger Dr. Jones, at 6:58 PM  

  • You are in my thoughts and prayers in this very stressful time in your lives. Just keep looking ahead at all the wonderful hours, days, months and years you will have with your beautiful children.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:41 AM  

  • I do remember Space Mountain. I disliked it then and I dislike it now. YUCK!

    mgj, I know the cure for the petty impatience of which you speak: international adoption. We are 19 months pregnant and have been told several times that there is no hope no way oh well maybe a little hope maybe we can tell you something more next month, maybe not! Makes fussing at a slow traffic light seem really silly.

    John and Isabel, I stopped by the office in MH yesterday to share pics and see yours. I got to do the latter. They are precious and you look like a family, which is fitting, as you are a family!

    Court will come, it will.

    Thinking of you,

    Suzanne

    By Blogger Suzanne, at 6:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home