We are a Family
Okay, I have to be very quick about this so if there are errors in spelling or grammar. Oh well. Valentina can not let me out of her sight. She is sleeping right now. I have about 20 minutes max. Galina is great! She is a good little girl that listen to both Mama and Papa and she does not mind Papa helping her with anything. Valya on the other hand wants Mama and no one else. Of course this makes me feel really good, but it also makes it difficult to get anything done. I took a shower at 6:00 am, because I knew I couldn't wait until Valya got up or I would never get one. She screams this very angry cry when I put her down or leave the room.
Picking up the girls was wonderful! We got to the baby home at about 10:30 am. We brought 4 beautiful cakes with us. One for our tea that we would have with the head doctor and Anna. The other 3 were for the staff of each child's group; Galina's, Valya's, and Konstantin's. Nedearshda set the tea up in her office. She set out fine china tea cups for each of us and Anna cut the cake. We sat, ate our cake and talked about the children and our experiences there. We also talked about the group of surgeons that had come to Cherepanovo and worked on Nicolas's cleft palet. The group was SMILE and from Ann and Ned's home town. We discussed how they worked and how they got money to do such volunteer work.
We were given Galina's and Valya's christening card with a little gold cross in each one. Nedearshda was the christening mother, so she is basically our children's God mother. I knew there was a reason why we felt so close to her and that she has been so warm to us. It is obvious that she loves the girls. We will keep in touch.
They brought us the girls and I saw that it was there snack time so I asked to go to the other room to give the girls a snack. They are very fond of the yogurt we have been bringing them. We had snack and then it was time to change them into the clothes we brought. We said our good-byes with tears in our eyes.
The drive home was rather pleasant as Valya slept on my lap for 45 minutes and Galina sat between John and I. She looked rather scared at first, but she did not cry. Anna told her where we were going. After a while she got intereste in watching the scenery and cars go by.
More later .....when I can......gotta run!
Picking up the girls was wonderful! We got to the baby home at about 10:30 am. We brought 4 beautiful cakes with us. One for our tea that we would have with the head doctor and Anna. The other 3 were for the staff of each child's group; Galina's, Valya's, and Konstantin's. Nedearshda set the tea up in her office. She set out fine china tea cups for each of us and Anna cut the cake. We sat, ate our cake and talked about the children and our experiences there. We also talked about the group of surgeons that had come to Cherepanovo and worked on Nicolas's cleft palet. The group was SMILE and from Ann and Ned's home town. We discussed how they worked and how they got money to do such volunteer work.
We were given Galina's and Valya's christening card with a little gold cross in each one. Nedearshda was the christening mother, so she is basically our children's God mother. I knew there was a reason why we felt so close to her and that she has been so warm to us. It is obvious that she loves the girls. We will keep in touch.
They brought us the girls and I saw that it was there snack time so I asked to go to the other room to give the girls a snack. They are very fond of the yogurt we have been bringing them. We had snack and then it was time to change them into the clothes we brought. We said our good-byes with tears in our eyes.
The drive home was rather pleasant as Valya slept on my lap for 45 minutes and Galina sat between John and I. She looked rather scared at first, but she did not cry. Anna told her where we were going. After a while she got intereste in watching the scenery and cars go by.
More later .....when I can......gotta run!

3 Comments:
We are so happy for your family!!! We can't wait to meet YOUR DAUGHTERS and have a play date with Dakota.
By
Anonymous, at 10:35 PM
Isabel,
Wow, you're already getting the time management of motherhood figured out on your first day - yeah! I'm glad the girls are feeling safe with you and John. It must feel so wonderful to finally be together as a family. I can't believe you'll be back home within a week! We're excited to meet the girls when they're ready!
Love Jen
By
Anonymous, at 8:04 AM
Love your posts. Thank you so much for sharing.
By
Suzanne, at 8:57 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home