Russian to Siberia

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

First Day With The Girls

The first day with the girls was wonderful. I felt like a real mom for the first time. We got them home, to the hotel. We had moved into a suite to have more room in the am, but they but us in a room that was near some construction zone. We asked to be moved to a quieter room before we had left to pick up the girls, so when we came back, we had a quiet room, but all our luggage and stuff was still down the hall. Galina was very uncomfortable and started to cry. I told her in Russian not to be afraid, it would be Okay. As I started to change her sisters diaper, she stopped crying and realized we could take care of her there.

We fed them lunch and played in the room together until it was nap time. Valya went to sleep no problem. She has a way of comforting herself and rocking herself to sleep by shaking her head back and forth rapidly. It is amazing to watch, and a bit sad. Galina would not sleep so she stayed up with John. We had a visit from Stacy, Doug, and Nicolas. We ordered room service for dinner, bathed the children, and put them to bed by 9:00pm. It was great. No tears, they loved bathtub time, and they were great with us as long as I do not let Valya alone. Acctually she isn't very happy unless I am holding her.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home