First Day of Preschool
Today was Galina's first day of preschool. She is going two days a week in the afternoons for 4 hours or less. John came home from work to watch Valerie while I took Galina to school. When we first got there I signed her in and took her to the classroom. All the kids were sitting down waiting for lunch. Well, Galina had no intentions of sitting down. She wanted to explore the room and the teachers let her. They were going to put her at a table with only two other girls and I knew that wouldn't work. I told them this is her first day and she needs to sit by a teacher. They were acting like they were not expecting her at lunch and it was a tough transition. I had even come early, but the children were already seated which made it uncomfortable for Galina to join in. I was amazed at how emotional I got. I was so mad and upset for my daughter. When I sat for a while at a table with the teacher and Zach. I talked with the other kids hoping Galina would come over. The teacher assured me she would be fine and that if I wanted to leave I could. I took the hint and went over to say good-bye to Galina. I told her her teacher's name and pointed her out. I said there was a chair next to the teacher and that they were going to have milk and pizza. Well at the mention of milk, she looked up, signed milk, said the word and went right over to the table. Why didn't I mention milk earlier? I left with tears in my eyes finally realizing what all the other mothers feel dropping their child off on the first day of school.
At home John had a bonding time with Valerie. I guess she cried for 15 minutes and looked all over the house for me. Finally she fell asleep in John's arms. She would not let him put her down. She slept for 30 minutes in his arms. I came home after she had been awake and playing for 10 minutes. Of course she cried all over again as soon as she saw me.
I made lunch for us all. Called the child care center to see how Galina was doing and then put Valerie down for a nap. At 2:30 Valerie woke up and we went to pick up Galina. She had a great day. They took pictures of her at the different centers for me and I found her in the classroom eating pretzels. It was snack time and pretzels are new to her. Apparently she loves them because she had two helpings! I was relieved to see that she had fun and got along at her new school.
Tonight we watched Blue's Clues going to school. She watched the entire episode without getting down to play.
At home John had a bonding time with Valerie. I guess she cried for 15 minutes and looked all over the house for me. Finally she fell asleep in John's arms. She would not let him put her down. She slept for 30 minutes in his arms. I came home after she had been awake and playing for 10 minutes. Of course she cried all over again as soon as she saw me.
I made lunch for us all. Called the child care center to see how Galina was doing and then put Valerie down for a nap. At 2:30 Valerie woke up and we went to pick up Galina. She had a great day. They took pictures of her at the different centers for me and I found her in the classroom eating pretzels. It was snack time and pretzels are new to her. Apparently she loves them because she had two helpings! I was relieved to see that she had fun and got along at her new school.
Tonight we watched Blue's Clues going to school. She watched the entire episode without getting down to play.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home